Sunday, September 23, 2012

Passion Creek by Avery Flynn- Review



I find as I read more books I am constantly introduced to other genres of book. Though no matter how many books I may read in a genre I am always drawn to a book that has a bit of romance to it. Passion Creek is an amazing book by Avery Flynn about unexpected romance blooming between a Las Vegas waitress and a small town history teacher. 

Josie has always wanted to get out of Las Vegas and she has finally found her chance. She is going to head to a small in Nebraska to study art and she couldn't be more thrilled. Unfortunately before she leaves she finds out that her brother is indebted to a loan shark and is in serious trouble. She heads off on a mission to find a treasure that has been lost in the wilderness of Nebraska for a hundred years in a desperate attempt to save her life and the lives of those around her. 

Sam Layton is used to his usual and boring life and is stricken when he visits a Las Vegas bar and sees Josie at work. He can't seem to get her out of his mind no matter what he does, how could two things so opposite attract? He runs into her again in his home town and is pulled into the dangerous task of finding the treasure that he has been searching for his whole life. Can Sam and Josie team up and find this treasure before Josie looses everything she has ever held dear?

I think that this book was an amazing read, it had characters that you fell in love with and characters that you loved to hate. The book always kept me guessing as I read it and I couldn't seem to put the book down. I am definitely going to re-read this book many times and I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a mystery and anyone who loves a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment